Sunday, April 20, 2008

All Has Slipped My Mind

So, you know how I ended the last blog with, "I have more things to write about so I will write more later." Well, whatever it was that I wanted to write has slipped my mind completely. I don't even have a little inkling of what it was so today I will just kind of write about what we have been up to and hopefully the rest will come back to me.

Our trip to Desert Star yesterday was a blast. This production is one of my more favorite productions in awhile. They are always very clever but this one was even more clever then usual. The best part of it all though was that the drummer of my mom's old band Crimson Blue was one of the actors in the show. He played several characters; from the tornado, to a flying monkey, to the wizard himself. I could not do the show justice if I were to try and describe it so you will just have to go and see it for yourself. It runs through June 7 and adult tickets are anywhere from $12.95 to $17.95 depending on when you see it.

As for Brandon, he is really enjoying his new job and he is looking forward to being done with school for the semester. All that he has left are an oral exam in spanish, a film project, a final, and a paper. Once the semester is over Brandon will start a new shift at work. He will be working 7-3 Mon. thru Fri. We are both really excited for this because it will allow us, as a family, to be able to go out and do things this summer. Things such as swimming, going to the park, and enjoying the outdoors in general. It will also enable us to work together more in the garden rather then me working on my own, which is good because he knows a little bit more about what he is doing then I do.

Aiden is doing well and growing healthy and strong. He loves being outdoors and is as cute as can be. He got his shots a week and a half ago and survived them pretty well. He still has one shot left and I will be taking him to get it sometime the week.

As for me, well, nothing much has changed. I am looking forward to Aiden's upcoming blessing, the opportunity that Brandon and I will have to stay at Anniversary Inn on Mother's day, and to our family and ward campouts in June. I am also settling into being a mom now and feel like I have finally crossed into this chapter of my life. I am still not sure how any mom manages to get everything done that she needs to in a day but I am sure that as time goes on and Aiden becomes more independant (and as I become more creative) that I won't constantly feel like I am getting nothing done. At least I am managing to stay somewhat on top of the laundry and the dishes, or else we'd be living like cavemen. ;) I just want to say one thing and that is how blessed I feel to finally be a mom. There are so many fun memories being made and that will come along as time marches on and my family gets larger and grows older. It is an exciting prospect to ponder what the future will hold. As for now, I love napping with Aiden during the day and I love, LOVE his smiles and baby sounds. Until next time...

1 comment:

Bryan Schmidt said...

We saw the Desert Star performance as well! :D The guy who you speak of, the flying monkey, was brilliant!